This relatively new faux wood shutter option uses materials that don’t have the tendency of wood to crack or warp.
Composite shutters are covered with an easy-to-clean (kids?), permanent poly finish (not painted). They look and feel more like real painted wood shutters than hollow vinyl shutters at about the same cost. Composites weigh more than wood so maximum panel widths are smaller than wood shutters. Although color selection for composites may be limited (white or off-white shades) there are many frame styles and installation options available. An additional benefit is a high resistance to moisture and to San Diego’s corrosive coastal air. Note that poly-wrapped composite shutters cannot be made to custom shapes, like arches.
Harmony’s Composite shutter features:
- Patented polypropylene coating resists staining and can be damp-cleaned.
- Engineered louvers won’t sag under heat like many hollow products.
- Resists cupping and warping for tight closure and smoother operation.
- UV inhibitors protect against color fading and yellowing.
- Only premium MDF composite wood substrate used in construction.
- Our Woodlore composite shutter is the only composite shutter to utilize reinforced engineered wood stiles (panel side frames) for enduring panel stability and support.
- Hidden recessed magnet catches.
- Wide range of elegant framing choices and other options, including hidden tilt.
- Strong manufacturers – meaningful limited lifetime warranty
2545 El Cajon Blvd Ste 105
San Diego, CA 92104